Sunday, October 25, 2009

Epilepsy: The Forgotten Disease

My daughter has epilepsy. I can handle all the other disabilities she has. But it's the seizures that brings me to my knees and shatters every beat of my heart. Grand mal seizures that will cause her body to stiffen and her eyes will roll up into the back of her head. When she was younger she would have seizures that caused her to hold her breath til her lips turned blue and her fingertips purple. Epilepsy is a bitch. Really.

60 Minutes had an interesting story on Epilepsy. David Axelrod has a daughter with epilepsy which is controlled at this time. But with 28 years of hell, I know of all too well too.
More Americans are suffering from epilepsy than Parkinson's, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis combined.

Watch CBS News Videos Online

1 comment:

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Thanks punky.
It's going on my blog.