Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Whitney Houston: She's Back...

....And with a vengeance. I've always liked Whitney Houston. It was ashame when she got involved with Bobby Brown and the fall she took because of it. A fall so hard and so humiliating. Time and again the media would smear her with video's of her so drugged out and looking haggard. I had hoped that she would clean herself up and come back on the music scene with those golden pipes that, in my opinion, can be inspiring. And come back she did with a vengeance.

She appeared on Good Morning America and sang an emotional I Look To You. Her first television appearance in seven years. I'm sure there will be critics who won't be happy with anything about her. It seems there are a few critics who can't be satisfied with any artist, don't know why.

This is the first I heard I Look To You and I have to say, I could relate to every verse she belted out. Been there, done that. Although the road we take through our trials and tribulations are very different with each person. Yet the emotional rollercoaster of addiction is all the same. Addiction can be a son of a bitch and God help you if you can't pull yourself out of it.

The course I'm faced with today is indeed a very different path. It's a test I didn't choose but one that God allowed. But because of my past, I am a stronger person today. And with that I thank God. For my past and for the gift of my disabled child today.
It's interesting to examine the life you've lived, up to this day. What tomorrow will bring.....is promised to no one.

It seems through the support of God and Whitney Houston's mother, gospel singer Cissy Houston, both of whom never left her, she pulled herself out of hell. Good for her. I hope she stays clean.


~Whitney Performs 'I Look to You'~

1 comment:

doorkeeper said...

wow.
and amen.