Friday, March 20, 2009

Obama: "It Was Like Special Olympics or Something."

Is it a big deal about Obama's retarded remark? "I bowled a 129. It's like the Special Olympics or something."
Naw...I could care less. You know...Stupid is as stupid does. Just don't make fun of my special kid. Sure I get sick and tired of people belittling and gawking at special children, like mine. Being treated as if they aren't a productive part of society. Or that I've been told by doctors that my child will never amount to anything in life. So it's a pain and a struggle to get the things she has a right to have. And this is the way it is in our society. And I say thank God for Special Olympics and recognizing our kids.

So we've got Dumb and Dumber here.....



And then there's....



You got what you voted for.

H/T to HotAir

2 comments:

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

I see you finally figured out how to put up videos; that's good. I watched President Obama on Leno last night and just caught his remark about Special Olympics. It went by so fast that at first I thought I must have heard wrong, that he couldn't possibly be that stupid.

Apparently he's 'fessed up and apologized but I would say the harm is already done. On one level I would say it's not a huge deal (there is a whole lot of other stuff going on at the moment) but it certainly does leave a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it?

And what struck me the most when I heard it was that being black, I would have thought he would have been especially attuned to issues around discrimination, exclusion and how painful and harmful that kind of 'casual' talk can be.

Absolutely love Palin's video though. She could certainly teach Obama something there. I've read a lot on Obama's comment around the blogsphere today but it's the first I've heard of her video. Nice job, punky.

The award for the best line ...
"What's the difference between a hockey mom and a Special Olympics hockey mom? Nothing."

So true, so true. I think I'll be stealing that video. ;-)

Punkys Dilemma said...

Great to see you again M!! :)
Interesting that you say being black, he should be sensitive to casual language than can hurt. As the President of the United States, one would think he would also be more careful with his words.
Thanks M. Gotta love Sarah Palin!